On-page SEO, also known as on-site search engine optimization, is the system of optimizing web page content for search engines and users. Basic on-page SEO practices include optimizing title tags, content, internal links, and URLs. However, there is more to on-page SEO than filling your page HTML with keywords.
On-Page SEO Checklist
See our checklist to optimize your content with a handful of on-page SEO techniques.
- Including your keyword in your URL: URLs help Google understand what a web page is all about. Including a keyword in the URL will provide a better ranking on the search engine result page (SERP).
- Avoiding using long URLs: It is no secret that short URLs rank best in Google algorithms. So, it’s best to keep the URL as short and brief as possible.
- Including the keyword in your title tag: The keyword should be placed in front of your title tag as it will be the first thing that appears on the search results.
- Embedding title tag modifiers: Title tag modifiers are words and phrases to attach to your title tag. When applied, your page will rank for lots of long-tail keywords.
- Using the keyword once in the first 150 words: Make sure to use your keyword once here as Google puts more importance on your page’s first 100-150 words. Maybe choosing long tail keywords can be better.
- Using the keyword in H1, H2, or H3 tags: Headings with keywords will lead to better ranking on the SERP.
- Optimizing images: Google algorithm will crawl your web page better if you let it crawl and understand your images with image alt tags and filenames.
- Use of synonyms and LSI keywords: Instead of stuffing the same keyword on a single page, try using synonyms and LSI keywords to increase
- Using external links: Linking out to authority sites in your article will show Google how well-referenced and trustworthy your content is.
- Using internal links: This tells search engines that the page you link to is about on-page SEO.
What Are On-Page SEO Factors?
The page optimization factors that can affect search visibility are:
- Keywords in the title tag
- Keyword(s) in meta description tag
- Keywords in the H1 tag
- Content length
- Duplicate content
- Canonical tag
- Image optimization
- Updated content
- Internal and external links
- Keywords in URL
On-page SEO is highly important as it is about achieving search intent and giving searchers what they want. If you optimize your on-page SEO, you will notice the increasing organic traffic in no time. If you want to learn more about the app, we cover up many other popular topics in our articles.
Follow SeoLator for dozens of content that will take you to the top, such as the On Page SEO Checklist!
Frequently Asked Questions About On-Page Search Engine Optimization
What is a good SEO score?
It varies between 1-100, 1 being the poorest, and 100 being the best.
Why is SEO important?
Well-optimized SEO leads to an increase in organic traffic to your website and boosts visibility.
How do Backlinks help SEO?
Backlinks to your website tell search engines that others confirm your content.
Why On Page SEO is important?
On Page SEO is one of the main topics of an SEO study. For this reason, great attention should be paid to it. Errors made in On Page SEO studies can cause a decrease in the SEO performance of websites.s.