One of the first steps to an SEO strategy is to develop technical SEO. More organic traffic, keyword rankings, and conversions are required for your website to be in a good position. To achieve this, you must provide Technical SEO development. If you are wondering what technical SEO is and for what purposes, there is a checklist and information for you at the end of the article. You should realize that your brand and company will need technical SEO principles in any industry. That’s why you should put yourself in an important position in the field of digital marketing by revealing your best technical SEO practices. Here is the technical SEO checklist and details in the article for you in an explanatory way.
Technical SEO Checklist and Details
By examining the checklist and explanations of technical SEO, you can start implementing it for your website and have an important place in digital marketing.
- You must ensure the use of HTTPS: HTTPS plays an important role in ranking factors. For this reason, you must use an HTTPS password on your site. If you browse your browser’s URL bar, you will be able to verify that your site is on HTTPS. If the URL has a padlock to the left, you are using HTTPS. You can view the Site Audit tool for potential issues or detailed reports.
- Check for duplicate versions of your site in Google’s index: Google only needs to index one version of your site. All of these should point to a single version. Therefore, you should choose either www or non-www versions. After setting up redirects, you should regularly check for duplicate versions.
- You need to find and fix crawl errors: It is possible to identify your crawl errors via Google Search Console. By going to the coverage report you will have the opportunity to view your errors, excluded pages, warnings, and valid ones. Take the time to solve the errors you find, then view the 404 errors or problems with incorrectly standardized pages and solve all of them without reducing the performance of your website.
- You should increase your site speed: Slow sites are not preferred by users. Page speed is very important in terms of page experience. Therefore, you should make sure that your site loads fast. To achieve this, you can choose Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to measure your page performance and Basic Web Vitals statistics.
- It is necessary to fix broken internal and outgoing links: Broken links cause bad experiences for users. Therefore, no one will want to click on the link and view the page. Therefore, view the list of broken internal links in the Site Audit report, update the target URL, remove the link and fix your problems.
- Find and fix HTTP links on HTTPS pages: Most websites have now migrated from HTTP to HTTPS. But it is possible to see that internal links point to HTTP and not the current version. Therefore, instead of redirecting users to the new page, you should perform an update. To find the problem, you should review the HTTPS report in your Site Audit. If there is a wrong link here, you should perform a manual update on your CMS. If it’s a site-wide situation, you should update the page templates or search and replace the database.
- You should ensure the mobile compatibility of your website: Mobile compatibility stands out as an important factor in Google rankings. For this reason, Google has officially introduced mobile-first indexing for all sites. Test your site’s mobile compatibility with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test tool so that your organic visibility is in a good position.
- Prefer an SEO-friendly URL structure: You should choose an SEO-friendly URL structure to make it easier for search engines to crawl your pages. That’s why you should make sure your page URLs are simple and descriptive.
- You should add structured data: Structured data markup is becoming more and more important in Google. Schema.org has formats to structure data for people, places, organizations, local businesses, and reviews. In this way, your organic listings will stand out in the SERPs.
- You should check the page depth of your site: In particular, there should be no more than three clicks to the pages on your site. That’s why you should provide depth control to edit your site structure. You can find the crawl depth or the number of clicks in the Internal linking report in Site Audit.
- Find and fix redirect chains and loops: Your site should not direct users or search engines to more than one redirect, and the redirects should not create a loop. By clicking the Issues tab in Site Audit, you can view issues related to redirect chains and loops. You should update the issues you’ve viewed so that all redirects in a chain point to the final destination. In this way, you will find the solution by removing the redirect that caused the loop and updating it.
You have reviewed the details of the technical SEO checklist in the article. If you want to direct the increase of organic traffic to your website, you should prefer the technical SEO checklist. In this way, you increase the awareness and quality of your business by providing a more professional experience for users.
How Can You Use Google Trends for SEO Click now to read our article! Read and Rank with SeoLator!
Frequently Asked Questions About Technical SEO
You learned detailed information about technical SEO in the article. For more information, you can check the frequently asked questions section.
What is an SEO checklist?
Technical SEO, is an essential structure of any SEO strategy, the technical audit checklist is a list that performs analyzes of website content and structure.
Is technical SEO still viable in 2022?
With the development of digital marketing, the need for SEO is increasing. For this reason, technical SEO is in a very important position in the field of digital marketing.
How does a technical SEO Checklist benefit businesses?
Implementation of the technical SEO checklist will lead to an increase in potential customers and more organic traffic to the website.